Friday, March 21, 2014

My Little Bride is Smiling!!!

Hey Yo:

Former and Legendary Green Bay Packers Head Football Coach Vince Lombardi once famously asked a very simple question...  And now, I am wondering too:

You see, eight years ago, our (that would be Donna & I) 1st Grand-Baby was born (Munchkin).  Then, just over two years ago, our 2nd Grand-Baby was born (Little Man).  So, for 6 years, Munch had the 'floor' all to herself and Nana's undivided attention.  Then, Little Man came along, but he lived way up in New York (Brooklyn).  So, Munch still had the 'Market Cornered' down this way. 

And then, finally, last year, Donna's oldest daughter, Lauren, announced she was expecting and would be due in December.  Number 3 was on the way and on December 16th, Malachi (The Little Dude) was born.  And then, something funny started happening, which comes back to Coach Lombardi's question...  Justin and Courtney called just after Little Dude was born and announced that Little Man was going to have a 'Little Bro' in July.  Booooooya, #4 was on the way and Nana-Papa had Big Smiles on our faces.  Then, Donna's Son, Steven, announced that he was getting married to Kristen in March (3-16).  They would follow that announcement up with another:  Kristen is pregnant and is due in November.  Ha!!!  Now, all of a sudden, #5 is on the way!!!  Hit the Play Button on Coach Lombardi.  The Wedding (See Below) was this past Sunday.  Kristen had a Doctor appointment on Tuesday.  The Doctor said "Hmmmmmm, I need you to come back in the morning for an ultra-sound."  On Wednesday morning (2 days ago), she did go back and then...  Steven & Kristen announced that she is now expecting, yep, TWINS (imagine bright neon blinking lights)!!!  And just like that, #'s 4, 5, & 6 are in the 'oven' and on the way.  Go ahead...  Hit that Play Button on Coach Lombardi one more time.  And you wonder why "My Little Bride is Smiling?"  Just when I thought the 'focus' would finally come back to me a bit, you know, after the Wedding, 3 more Grand-Babies are 'on the way.'

The Wedding
 
 
So, yes, there was a Wedding last Sunday.  In the two to three months leading up to the Wedding, Steven and Kristen had asked Donna for some help in putting it all together.  And for those two to three months, My Little Bride was over-joyed, extremely happy, extremely stressed, and in her own words: "Obsessed."  She found the B&B where the Wedding took place.  She searched high and low for things like flowers, vases, table settings, food, decorations, etc., down to the last detail.  She had her hand in most of what took place.  And I think she actually did an amazing job, considering her time and the Budget we put on it. 

Kristen asked me if I would be the Wedding Photographer.  Say what??? 

***DISCLAIMER***

While honored that they would ask, I am not a Professional Photographer.  I felt a lot of pressure, knowing that this was a big deal for them and you only have 'one shot' no pun intended to get it right.  I accepted with a degree of nervousness.  But, I did a little bit of homework, if you will, and although I certainly could have done better, I am pleasantly surprised and pretty happy with my photos.  I took 227 shots and I truly think that close to 100 or 10 came out pretty good.

Where the Ceremony would take place...
 
Donna & her Son, The Groom, Steven

What I would call "Getting Serious" time

Afterwards, Mr. & Mrs. Stack

Absolutely my Favorite Picture...  I just Love this Shot

Rings on the Cross
The Table Setting...  After the Fact (Donna Done Good)
So, it is in the books and their mini, ready made, family is just a few months away.  Congrats to them and may their 'Honeymoon' never end.  And "My Little Bride?"  Yep, she's Happy and she's Smiling.

My Parting Music:  I love this tune and have wanted to list it in this space for a while.  Nothing is Easy.  Relationships, especially, are Hard Work.  But the payoff is amazing!!!  Coldplay with The Scientist.  Please watch, listen, and enjoy...

 
I appreciate you stopping by once again as I try and get back in the groove.  Hope to see you back next time.  Til then....
 
Be safe, be smart, and always show your Smile.  It's Happy Friday.
 
vaya con dios

10 comments:

  1. Such a nice way to start my day. Mazel Tov, such happy news for you. Yes, Donna done good, and so did you. Stay happy.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... Your 1st sentence put a huge smile on my mug. Much appreciated!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Slu

      Delete
  2. Wow you are hitting the record books on a growing family of lots of grandbabies! That is so neat plus your Christmas times will be so great.
    Good pictures of the wedding. They are a cute couple.
    Get ready somebody will be changing diapers a lot when the cuties come over!!!
    Have a great Friday and weekend too!!! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... Thanks!!! Yes, lots of diapers. Yikes!!! Appreciate the visit, Slu

      Delete
  3. Donna wasn't the only one who did a great job, my compliments to the photographer. Your favorite picture is my favorite as well.
    Congratulations on all the additions to your family. Hope you have a HUGE dining room table. Holidays are going to get interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... Donna is already planning our Christmas 'get togethers' and the pictures of so many new faces (which includes 3 more new babies from other extended family). YIKES!!!

      Thanks for the kind words. Love seeing you here, Slu

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS TO ALL THE HAPPY MOMENTS YOU AND DONNA ARE SHARING...GREAT BLESSINGS...LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING THE NEW BABIES ARRIVAL...THE WEDDING WAS SO PRETTY..MY FAVORITE PICTURE IS THE HANDS AND CROSS...THE BLESSED UNION..IN THE EYES OF THE LORD...DONNA DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB...VERY ELEGANT..GREAT BLOG...SLU...ENJOY THE SPRING WEATHER...70 IN KENTUCKY...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb... Always love your Positive Outlook!!! Very Sweet.

      Thanks for the visit, Slu

      Delete
  5. This has certainly been your week, Slu! Wow! You are just bursting with good news. Congratulations on the grandkids, on the family nuptials and yes, you did a GREAT job as photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... Just truly Blessed!!! Always appreciate your visits and such kind comments. Take care, Slu

      Delete

Hey Yo... Don't Be Shy!!! I Love Your Comments. Tickle That Keyboard & Tell Me What You Think!!!