Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday (80's - Part 2)

Hey Yo:

So, this week, we finish up our trip through the 80's with Part 2.  But, I have plans on kinda-sorta cheating just a tad...  But, then again, our instructions say:  80's or Before, so maybe it's not cheating.  We'll see.

As usual, our "Hostess with the Mostess" is Jen over @ My Skewed View...  And our Co-Host is Kristy over at Finding Ninee...  I hope you will click on their Links and check out ALL the other Participants for some really great Music Choices.


So, I kinda have a theme this week and it's pretty simple.  My Tune Selection comes from Albums I bought "back in the day" and I have picked my favorite tune from each Album.  My first 3 were released in 1979, but it was the 80's that I wore these tune's out, listening to them over and over.  In order of release...  I hope you enjoy!!!  So, let's "Get this Party Started."

#1:  Released in March 1979...  From Breakfast in America, Supertramp with Child of VisionNOTE:  This video is Co-Founder Roger Hodgson with his Touring Band.  Enjoy...  (source)

                       

#2:   Released in August 1979...  From Highway to Hell, AC/DC with Touch Too Much.  Enjoy...  (source)

        


#3:  Released in October 1979...  From Dream Police, Cheap Trick with Gonna Raise Hell.  Enjoy...  (source) 



#4:  Released in January 1980...  From Permanent Waves, Rush with Jacob's Ladder.  Enjoy...  (source



#5:  Released in October 1987...  From Kick, INXS with Never Tear Us Apart.  Enjoy...  (source)



I'm cheating Big Time here, but I can't let this next Tune not get Listed...

#6:  Released in January 1971...  For my "Walk Off Home Run" this week:  From The Yes Album, Yes with Starship Trooper.  Enjoy...  (source)


    

And that is my List for this week...  I truly hope you enjoyed to some degree.  Music is such a personal "thing."  The old saying, "One man's treasure is another man's junk," (or vice-versa) applies.  It's all good to somebody!!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Remember to head over to Jen's @ My Skewed View... for Mix Tape 15 to catch all the other Tune's for this week.  They are amazing!!!

Hope to see ya back on Happy Friday.  Til then...

Be safe, be smart, and always Smile...  It's Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday

adios... vaya con dios

20 comments:

  1. Yes yes and yes!!! Love it so much All of it. Supertramp, AC/DC, Cheap Trick, Rush.. I had INXS - I Send A Message off of The Swing on my list, but it was too long already. And don't you fret about the Yes, as long as it existed, it can be on your list. LOVE IT SLU! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! You have to know you just put a huge SMILE on my mug!!! This list is me... Plain & Simple.

      Thanks so much!!! Appreciate you dropping by, Slu

      Delete
  2. LAWD, how I adored my Supertramp album. And AC/DC is my all time favorite rock band. Angus Young is a bad ass! Great selections today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debster... Thanks!!! Love them both.

      Appreciate you dropping in, Slu

      Delete
  3. tracking well on this one*

    Have Cheap Trick and Rush on my list...would have have used AC/DC but I used 'Back in Black' on a previous list, but I am using Motley Crue to compensate.

    Very Listen-able List, yo



    * it seems that this list is either the easiest most upbeat of the series for everyone or..... it is something like my contribution lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks My Man... Means a lot!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Slu

      Delete
  4. Great choices this week Slu! I had to go add all these to my YouTube listening list for this week. Love the INXS, AC/DC and Cheap Trick. I even included Robin Zander in my list this week (but in a very different genre).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreamer... Thanks!!! You will enjoy them. Looking forward to yours.

      Thanks for dropping by, Slu

      Delete
  5. Slu,
    Your list is awesome! I saw Yes and Rush in concert and had the Supertramp, AC/DC and INXS album. Classics - all of them. Great choices. And also? I miss the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi... Had to have been great concerts!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Slu

      Delete
  6. I like the way you walked the line on this one. The boys from INXS were a welcome, if not somewhat surprising (based on the remainder of the line up), addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I really like this list. Had two from INXS & narrowed it to just the one.

      Thanks for stopping by, Slu

      Delete
  7. Be safe and smart? Come on Slu. That's no fun at all. And is you cheated a little I had a full blown affair on mine. (Also - AC/DC - we're the cool kids AGAIN. Surprised? I'm not.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! It's my "mantra." Gotta get that in... I'm smiling though.

      Ans now, I can't wait to see "The Affair." We've got this "cool" thing down.

      See you later, Slu

      Delete
  8. Supertramp!! they were great! And Cheap Trick - absolutely! Great mixtape Slu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Can't wait to hear yours.

      Appreciate it, Slu

      Delete
  9. You have AC/DC and Rush on your list! I'm not worthy...I'm not SO NOT worthy! HAHAHAAAAA! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slu,
    You hard rocker, you. I felt like such a rebel playing that AC/DC album. INXS and Cheap Trick bring a whole other set of happy memories.
    I don't know how you guys break it down to just six songs. WOW!
    Smiling,
    -MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, that's me... But, I do love me some good rock music!!!

      Hope to see ya tomorrow (on both sides), Slu

      Delete

Hey Yo... Don't Be Shy!!! I Love Your Comments. Tickle That Keyboard & Tell Me What You Think!!!